Monday, March 1, 2010

Hola!

Last Friday, we ventured into Venezuela and discussed the term projects. I reminded the students that Spring Break is a GREAT time to get those finished up. I also reminded them that I am happy to help with questions, and that I will not be available the day before they are due, so plan ahead :-) The presentations will be the last day of class. I've listed a couple of resources that you might find helpful.
  • Outlines for Flags--UNFORKIDS
  • Outline Maps--Uncle Josh's Outline Maps has great ones (if you happen to have that book/cd), but you can also get a blurry one that works, too, from enchantedlearning.
  • Jesus Loves Me--Google Translate is often helpful
  • A Trip Around the World, Another Trip Around the World, and A New Trip Around the World books are fantastic for finding interesting facts and material for the "Extra" item that needs to be done for each country (remember, this can be anything pertaining to the country: a recipe, crossword puzzle, a craft, word search, coloring page etc.).
  • Of course, you can find most anything you need from your local library and on the internet.
Venezuela Homework due 3/5
  • Map
  • Flag
  • Passport
  • Fish Color Puzzle
  • Sharpen those map pencils and double check students' backpacks for basic supplies
  • Optional Angel Falls: Students can check out this website and tell me which 3 pictures they like the best for bonus stamps
  • Optional "mini-report" on the Capybara--the largest rodent in the world (5-10 sentences); stamps will be rewarded based upon quality of report
  • Optional Mystery Countries

No comments:

Post a Comment